In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

THE HOTTEST POWDER?

GUNMAN4FUNGUNMAN4FUN Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
What is the hottest powder that I can buy that will produce the biggest bang for the buck. I want something that will produce a ground shaking muzzle blast and intense pressure. Is a double base powder better than a single base. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    try pure nitroglycerin, will definitly give you the results you want in any cartige.
  • Options
    11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aaaah ...you won't be from the middleast would you?

"FEAR the Goverment, that fears your ARMS"
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take a wild stab & guess bullseye however I would not want to be anywhere around when you touched it off.
  • Options
    dustyholdustyhol Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't blow your fingers off.[}:)]

"Practice is the best of all instructors."

Publilius Syrus
  • Options
    bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest that if they were still in the arms inventory, that you stand on the deck of the USS Missouri when the let off a round of three 16 inchers at one time. You will surly get all the ground shaking muzzle blast and over pressure that you can stand. If your still standing after they go off.[:0]

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • Options
    GUNMAN4FUNGUNMAN4FUN Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I am not from the middle east Ima merican! I don't plan on taking any trips on a battleship any time soon. I just want to know what the hottest powder that I can legally purchase is.
  • Options
    trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you happen to reimnd me of playboy_*

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Options
    artvlsartvls Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That depends on what you are shooting it through. I must follow manufactures "recipe" or you can blow your self up. Hercules 2400 in a shotgun will produce a muzzle flash in broad day light.
    Dennis
  • Options
    rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Habenero chile powder is pretty hot, in fact, about the hottest I have tried.
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to several powder burn rate charts, it seems that a Norma powder tops the list. I can't remember which one. Do a search on "powder burn rate" and your answer shall be forthcomming. Be careful or your ne handle might be "nubby".[:D]

aguncollector@prodigy.net