In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Swift Scopes

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
i need to know if anyone has any dealing with these brand of scopes
im looking at a pistol and kind of needing to know if they are any good and what they cost its on a tc 7-30

thanks clay
Swift, 1.25-4x,28, waterproof, #679M

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any opinions on these scopes ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have not heard much about them and was wondering if they were any good. I was looking for a scope for a 25-06 I bought myself for Christmas and happened to see one.
  • Options
    Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They drove me off the deepend. I used one and it worked good under good conditions but was poor for shadows and low light. I could not see a deer rack in an opening by some trees at 200 yards using the swift that I could see with my unaided eye. I watched for 35 minutes hoping for a full measurement before I decided to shoot. I had a clear shot at his vitals and dropped him where he stood but the rack was only about a 16" spread on a muley. If I had seen his rack clearly I would have never shot. At least he tasted good. I now shoot a Schmidt & Bender and would never use another Swift.

Mad Dog
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suggest you post this to: Guns&Glass.
    Extremely knowledgable.
    I have a pair of old Swift binoc's which are still great-purchased from Herter's. Guess this dates me. 101
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suggest doing a'Search' of 'topics & keywords' on past GB-"Experts & General Forums.
    There was some interesting running dialog.

If one is 'sold' on warranty, and wants to know little about optical differences vs cost, then it's a good deal for the $$$ spent.

Personally look at how & why things are made, first. Dad tried to teach me to buy,---once, if possible. Buy, best I can afford.
    Use it correctly, and as time,..need,..and last but not least,... $$$ becomes available, trade up.
    Funny how he got smarter as I got older. Sure miss him.

101 Airborne, appreciate very much your vote of confidence.

Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 8x32x50 on my 22-250, works great nice and clear.
    my brother has one, not sure of the powers ( I know it is under mine maybe like a 4-12 or something). It is on a browning abolt medilion in 300 win mag. was on it when he purchased it but, it works fine on that rig and I think he was buying another one for a '06.
    good luck
    Rich

Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............