In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wyoming Arms 45ACP

bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
There is a Wyoming Arms SS 45 auto for sale locally.
Are the parts interchangeable a Colt? IYHO is it a good pistol
or piece of crap?
Thank you for the help.

Bill

Comments

• Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one of these about 10 years ago. Seemed ok to shoot but I traded it of because it is somewhat difficult to strip for cleaning.
    There is a small coil spring on top of the left slide rail that when you pull the slide off likes to take off for never-land. I think they went out of business, so that could be good or bad on value.
    I seriously doubt that very many of the parts interchange, but I've been wrong before. These were made at the beginning of the 1911 colt clones rampage.
  • Options
    BiggerHammer24BiggerHammer24 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE ONE IN 10MM AND IT SHOOTS WELL AND IT IS A THIN WEAPON BUT i AM NOT A FAN OF THE TENMM AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF LETTING IT GO BUT THE GUN ITS SELF IS A SOLID S. STEEL WEAPON AND IDIDN'T FIND IT HARD TO CLEAN OR TEAR DOWN. BiggerHammer[:)]

BiggerHammer
  • Options
    bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Biggerhammer Are you a 50BMG shooter?

Bill
  • Options
    bigcountry_75214bigcountry_75214 Member Posts: 494
    edited November -1
    I have a wyoming arms in .45 also. As Allechalley said, when stripping watch out for that tiny spring when removing the slide. It will fly.
    Wyoming arms went out of business in 1992. The main cause of this is that all their guns had lifetime warr. that followed the gun. The 10mm. was built on the same frame as the .357, .40, and .45. The 10mm. gave too much pounding on this "smaller" frame causing many different malfunctions, such as mag. falling out of gun during fireing, front sight falling off, many stovepipes, and jams. A friend of mine had the 10mm. and sent it back for repairs 6 or 7 times before selling it. On the other hand I have had no problems at all with the .45 longslide I have. They will take .45 colt mags.(sometimes[:(!].