In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OKLAHOMA Air Pistol

rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
Finally got some info. It was offered in the ROSCO of Los Angeles wholesale catalog, 1959-60 for $4.85. I can upload a copy of the catalog picture entry on request. I posted something about this months back but didn't have the info at the time.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    OK_Air1.JPG

It is 12" overall, marked MONDIAL CAL m/m 4.5 and OKLAHOMA on one side and 'Made in Italy' on the other. Construction is entirely of diecase, with a brass sleeve for the smooth bore. Lever on the left releases the barrel to pivot down to cock and load. Shoots .177 pellets. Grips of white plastic. Seems to shoot hard for such a small spring design pistol, with a loud pop. Cosmetic condition about 90% nickel. Any info as to age and likely value?

My thought is there are a lot of better air pistols to buy for use but there may be collector interest in this one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seeking info about a pellet pistol marked OKLAHOMA on left side in big raised letters, Mondial Cal. m/m 4.5 & Made in Italy. Nickel plated with white plastic grips. Made mostly of diecast with brass barrel liner, smooth bore. LOA 12.25". Barrel breaks down to cock and load. Looks like early post WWII technology. All info appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found one reference for your air pistol.

It was made by "Molgora" a Italian manufacturer of air & starting pistols and supposedly dates to the 60's.

The trade-name is supposed to be spelled "Mondiale"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. On the gun it is Mondial, without the 'e', very clear. In Europe, Mondiale is a very common name of products and other things. It is the French translation of 'worldwide'. Info about the gun still wanted and much appreciated. Thanx
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Thanks for the info. On the gun it is Mondial, without the 'e', very clear. In Europe, Mondiale is a very common name of products and other things. It is the French translation of 'worldwide'. Info about the gun still wanted and much appreciated. Thanx"

You might try posting on this forum it's site specific for air pistols etc.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/50544?it=0

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Again! I posted in the Airguns Forum.