In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger K77 MKII STS

UrbanHillbillyUrbanHillbilly Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I had been looking for a Ruger K77 MKII STS rifle in smaller caliber but they are no longer made. This rifle has a stainless barrel and receiver with a traditional wooden walnut stock. Since I can't get this rifle I was wondering if a K77 barrel and receiver could be put on a new ruger walnut stock.

ARE RUGER RIFLES BEDDED AT THE FACTORY OR ARE THEY JUST PUT TOGETHER BARREL TO STOCK??? WOULD I HAVE TO GET THE RECEIVER/BARREL ASSEMBLY BEDDED TO THE NEW STOCK???

Comments

• Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of a "K"77 Ruger - are you discussing the "M"77?

Ruger does nothing fancy at the factory to bed the barreled action in the stock. The CDC machined stock is bolted onto the action and shipped. If you call Ruger and give serial # of your barreled action, they can tell you which stock is available for it and the cost.

Keep off the Ridgeline
  • Options
    UrbanHillbillyUrbanHillbilly Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I'm sure it is a K77. I have only seen three on auction sites so far. They remind you of a Browning White Gold Medallion. I may try your suggestion to contact Ruger. At least you told whether they are bedded to the stock. I might just be able to work something out with a couple of Ruger rifles to get what I want.
  • Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The K designates stainless on Ruger guns.
  • Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange..........

I have a M77MkII V/T stainless in a factory laminated stock and all it has on the receiver is "M77 MkII".

Keep off the Ridgeline
  • Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The K is not actually on the gun[:D][:D][:D]it's a catalog number. Example a stainless 5 1/2" Single Six KNR5...Same gun in blue NR5.