In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Second Model Hand Ejector.

DaveFDaveF Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have what I believe is a Smith & Wesson 2nd. model Hand Ejector target revolver in .455 calibre, 6 1/2" barrel, adjustable sights with patridge type front blade, overall about 80% blue, excellent mechanics and bore (VERY accurate), original grips but lots of wear to them. The patent dates on the barrel run from Mar.'94 to Feb.'06, and the serial number is 181XX. Can anyone give me a date of manufacture, and a guestimate of value? I don't have a picture as my digital camera is in for repair. Thanks in advance, DaveF.

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    S&W Book states that the .455 Caliber 2'nd Model Hand Ejector was introduced in 1915..Serial numbers 5001-74755 were produced 1915/1917
    also as an aside..that D.B. Wesson Died in 1915...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information Captkirk. None of the reference material I have (which is very limited) shows this particular revolver as a civilian target model, just the military type configuration with fixed sights. Is my revolver fairly rare, and can you give me an idea as to value? Thanks again, DaveF.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    According to BALDERSONS Book of Antique Firearms and value...You can expect your Pistol to be Worth From $600.00/$800.00 in Very Good Condition in the Military Configuration and in the .455 Caliber...No Listing for Target Model Hand Ejector listed...Maybe someone on the Forums can offer a better evaluation on Your Civilian Model....best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks again Captain. I really appreciate the help I have received on this forum. DaveF.