In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rifle Scopes

donvitodonvito Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know the quality of A1 optic scopes? They claim to have been making scopes for the military and are now starting offer there products to the pucblic. I have recently purchase a 300wsm model 70 in SS. I want to instal a 2.5 to 10 power scope with 50mm objective lens or a 3 to 12 power scope with 50mm objective lens. Should I also be considering AOE, range finder, etc.?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Of the following which one brand holds up better than the others:
    BSA
    BARSKA
    LEAPERS
    NIKKO STIRLING
    YUKON

Im looking to get me a scope on my new rifle.

found these on midway and thought i wou ask the experts here.

Thanks for you're time
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a bec rifle scope I bought on sale from the Sportsman Guide about five or six yrs ago.I was going to put it on a .22Hornet,whenI bought the gun I took the scope to have them mount and Boresite it.When I came back to pick it up they said the mounts which were on the scope broke as they were putting it on.He said they were made of white metal.I told him I understood I would buy some new rings off him.Thats when he told me it was a 30mm scope instead of 1 inch,and he would have to order them.So I just bought a quality scope and he mounted it.I came across the bec 3x9 power and I remembered why I wanted it mounted on the Hornet,it has a great picture clear and bright.I tried to get it to fog up and it didnt.Im going to buy a cheap but good little rifle,the New England Handi Rifle chambered in .22Hornet to haul around as a varmit Rifle so I dont have to worry about scratching it up or etc.Ive had good luck with the Handi Rifles their real shooters,but does anyone know if the Bec scopes are any count before I order the 30mm rings?

Thanks in advance.

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would anyone have any comments about the quality of the new Weaver optics.I am particularly interested in their "V" series scopes.How would they measure up to the Burris signature series. I'm looking at the higher magnification versions.

Randy Summers
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I own a Savage 110FP and Remington 700 PSS LTR both in .308 I want to put good high quality scopes on these that are not gonna break the bank. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where can I get dealer and technical information on any of the following rifle scopes: JW * and Litschert? It's getting close to Woodchuck time here in SE PA and I would like to dress up my varment rifle with some classic glass. Frankly, I don't even know if they still make these scopes but I sure like the looks of the old time stuff and would like to know how these two stack up against Unertel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So many scopes and so many brands,,I would like to hear what the experts have to say as to who makes the best?
    Seems like there is a group who really doesnt like the Leupold.
    I am in the market for a new scope it will sit on top of a Sako 300 RUM SS rifle and will be used primarily for stalk and hunt medium to large animals. Was going to pick up a Leupold VX III is a 4.5 x 14 x 50mm matt finish until I have noticed so many dont like them.
    So I ask, who's the best, should I get a paper route or save green stamps and get myself a Swarovski, or Zeiss.

2B
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THE BRUNTON LINE OF SCOPES?
    POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE THE SCOPE WOULD BE MOUNTED ON A 204
    THANKS
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello neither of these 2 makers have been in business for years .like most older optical units age does take it's toll . compound lens are glued together and this is a natural glue that sometimes will cloud or go bad . each scope must be judged on it's own merits. There is collector interest on old scopes and prices have gone up. Cheers
  • Options
    MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Rifle Scopes by Stroebel is a wealth of knowledge. Sleeze-bay has em at times and at outrageous prices or real steals depending on what nut is bidding against you.

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing