In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hopkins and Allen double barrel shotgun

vafrankovafranko Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know anything of the subject shotgun? My gun book does not tell me much. Anything useful at this point will be great. Thanks, Frank (fpateconner@aol.com)

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My references note that Hopkins & Allen, were in business making various firearms between 1867 & 1915. They only started producing double barrel shotguns in the early 1900's, after they purchased all the assets of the Forhand Arms CO. Who had made an extensive line of double barrel shotguns. One of the references suggest the only double barrel shotguns actually sold under the H & A name were assembled from parts on hand from the Forhand Co. Once those parts were used up, no more doubles were sold under the H & A name. If this is correct, your H & A double is one of a very limited production.
  • Options
    vafrankovafranko Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ruff-Snow. Don't own it yet and wanted to find out something before buy. Looks like a go for me. Frank