In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Mod 12 - 12 ga Parkerized

timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am offered a "Parkerized" 12 ga Mod 12. I have not seen it. I doubt there was any such thing other than something being done by some duck hunter wanting a dull-finished shotgun. The seller wants $500 and I may like the gun for about half that, unless anyone here knows of a "Parkerized" model. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the military Model 12 was parked? Not sure. Do you know anything else about the gun? Barrel length, choke, etc?
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    I'll see it this week, maybe Tuesday. All I'm told is it is plain barrel - full choke - does not have an extended magazine. Says the wood is sound - forestock is full ringed. Does not sound like a military/law enforcement model - thus I'm thinking it was "parkerized" as after-market - I wanted to have some feel for what it might be before we do the trade - seller claims its tight, belonged to an old friend/neighbor and he can't remember how it is that the gun looks like it is - we're all in our 50's and 60's and I guess some memories are slipping faster than others.