In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

headboyheadboy Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am thinking about buying a winchester 9410 in the laminated stock and nickel. I know these were limited addition but does anyone know for sure how many?? I have heard 500??
Are these worth another 100.00-150.00 ??
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    since Winchester closed the operations ,no more coming out of the factory and wholesalers have about sold out of everything you will be lucky if you get one.
    they may go up in value more than other models because so few were sold ,other than that Ive never seen any practical use value in one of them.
  • Options
    1923model12win1923model12win Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester 9410 Nickel, nib, rare collectable 1 $1,595.00 1d 3h +
    Check into auction #45474996

Beautiful gun!! If I had the money I would buy one to give to my 3 year old when he turns 12![8D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nice gun but lots of $$$$
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a collector it looks like the value will go up. For a shooter, check with your state laws. Kalifornia only allows for shotguns that can take 2 in the magazine +1 in the chamber. Besides, the 410 is not a good round to use for any game unless you intend to wound a lot or are a very experienced shooter that waits for the perfect shot. A 20 guage for a younger shooter is much more effective and will give them more confidence. You have to give squirrels and quail credit for being pretty tough and respect them enough to not * them with an underpowered load. Just because something runs off or flys away doesn't mean you didn't hit it.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I disagree Gothie.I grew up on a farm in New Jersey and killed hundreds of rabbits,squirels and quail with an old SxS .410 that my grandfather gave me.If you know the range and capability of your shotgun, no load is too small or ineffective.
    Jeff
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ghotie_thumper
    Besides, the 410 is not a good round to use for any game unless you intend to wound a lot or are a very experienced shooter that waits for the perfect shot.

That could not be further from the truth. 410 is perfect for squirrels, rabbits,crows,and hundreds of other critters.
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Headboy - That's a nice one and I expect a healthy premium so if its something you want its the kind of thing that is hard to shop - kinda like a "Buy Now" sort of thing. You are likely to find a larger selection of "Sweet Sixteen"s and more dickering room than you will for that 9410.

And it is an adult's shotgun. Like Ghotie, I agree that the .410 is a poor choice for a kid - better off with a 20 ga.
  • Options
    1923model12win1923model12win Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I meant just to give him to save. I have plenty of 12 gauges or .22's he would use for hunting not the .410