In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value for 1836 British Army Roster?

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Making this post on behalf of a buddy from way down under . . . .

He has official War Office register of all the officers serving in the British Army, dated 1836. Starts with the Field Marshals and runs to the greenest of Leftenants. He has had it for decades, decided to sell, has no clue of the value.

Any suggestions besides searching fleaBarf?

TIA,
Ike

Comments

• Options
    pelisepelise Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call The Quest in Schoharie NY and ask for Paul.He will no.Pete
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    send me an email and i will get back to you tommorow with someone that may have an idea.
  • Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Try going to ABE Books. Looking quickly, I found "THE NEW ARMY LIST FOR JANUARY, 1840 EXHIBITING THE RANK, STANDING, AND VARIOUS SERVICES OF EVERY REGIMENTAL OFFICER IN THE ARMY," for $176.36. I realize that the one your friend has is four years older. To see if it is any more rare (ie valuable) go to OCLC's First Search and look for each title. If there are significantly fewer locations with the edition your friend owns, it will be worth more. If there are about the same number of copies available, they will be comparible. Best of luck and good searching -- Steve