In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3/4" Diameter Tube Scope

Tech WriterTech Writer Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Who makes or has made 3/4 diameter scope for hi power rifles. All I see listed is for 22 rifle use.

Looking for one if anyone can help me.

Tech Writer

Comments

• Options
    MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leupold 4x Pioneer, Lyman, Bausch & Lomb all early scopes late 40's early 50's. Quality optics still usable when one finds the right rings and bases. All my pre-64 Model 70's wear original period glass and function flawlessly.

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe anyone currently makes a 3/4" tube. The Lyman Alaskan is probably the best known of the 3/4" scopes & you may find one on EBay.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out gunbroker auction #45466364
  • Options
    MAD DAWGMAD DAWG Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The old scopes mentioned above have their +s and -s. Redfield made a line of 3/4 inch tubed scopes in about the 70s. As I recall, the line was called the 'Frontier'. It was simply a scaled down version of any other modern scope. Including a constantly centered reticle, in contrast to many of the older scopes mentioned above. The Redfield Frontier was intended for use on centerfire big game hunting rifles. It was as small and light as you could get for those circumstances when size and weight were serious considerations. It was a beautiful proportionate size for the custom compact rifles. I had one on a trim little custom compact Mannlicher styled 6.5x55. It was available in 4 and 6 power - I don't remember any other versions. However, there is a lot I don't remember any more.
    Best.............!
  • Options
    cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a fine Redfield 3/4 scope. asking $150. the lyman alaskan was a 7/8" tube not 3/4. My redfield is 4x, looks new, and is fine for 22s or high powers.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some early Weavers were 3/4" I believe. You might be able to find mounts for them on fleabay also. I did but it took me a couple months of doing daily searches.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    I don't believe anyone currently makes a 3/4" tube. The Lyman Alaskan is probably the best known of the 3/4" scopes & you may find one on EBay.

It was the Lyman 5A that was a .75-inch tube (the Lyman 5A was the exact same scope as the Winchester A-5).