In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

crossman shotgun

Brian66Brian66 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
does anyone know about crossman shotguns?
I bought shells,targets,and a thrower.
Now i just need the gun.I was told it was a double
thank you Brian

Comments

• Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    I don't think Crosman made a double barrel shotgun. They did make a Crosman shotgun called the Trapmaster .380 ga. model #1100. This was a co2 shotgun that shot special Crosman shotshells
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only double part is that you need two CO2 gas canisters.
    I bought one when they first came out & quickly discovered they
    were VERY expensive to shoot. I tried to reuse the shot capsules
    but never was able. I sold it a few years ago to a dealer for far
    more than I paid even after I told him that the seals leaked.
    I would not be surprised to find that one in working order would be
    quite expensive.
  • Options
    MAD DAWGMAD DAWG Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crosman 1100 CO2 powered You can use just one CO2 powerlet or two. To use just one, you will need an empty powerlet to place in the cylinder in lieu of a second full one. The only difference is the number of shots you will get per 'fill'. Also, these can be 'bulk' filled from a 'paintball' tank - giving more shots per fill for less money per fill.
    Single barrel, resembles a standard semi-automatic shotgun as in Rem 1100 etc. Not nearly as heavy as the real thing.
    Approximately 380 bore dimension. You have the shot shells. They can be reloaded. Also, it is possible to shoot patched 36 cal. round lead balls.
    The gun is a single shot. It has a two position power selector lever at the back of the receiver.
    A Crosman 1100 in very good to excellent condition and working order will generally run around $150.oo.
    You will probably find one in the air gun section of Gun Broker. If not, go to airgunforum.com Scroll down to the various 'classified' ad sites near the bottom of the page. The Fun Supply Ads and Brad's page are your most likely sources. And you can place Wanted ads there as well.
    Best...............!
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It NEVER occured to me to try using one good gas capsule & one used one. That would have been very useful when you only wanted to fire a few shots. If you left them in too long they would leak & that made it too expensive to shoot just a few shots.
    It looked like it should be possible to reload them but I was never able to to make it work & the shot shells were just too expensive.
    That combination would have made it much more practical.