In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig Sauer P225

Vette4me35Vette4me35 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have been searching far and wide to try to figure out what my Sig Sauer P225 is worth now, but can't seem to find anyone who is selling one or sold one. I've had it for many many years and know that Sig only sells them to law enforcement or the military now. Any idea what it's worth? I was thinking of selling it to get a stainless steel sig P220 or P226.

Comments

• Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have 2 of these that are NIB in our shop for $869. We are not putting this figure here as a want ad but to help with a value on this mans pistol. Hope this helps knowing that something is worth what someone is willing to pay. Babybounce
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybounce
    We have 2 of these that are NIB in our shop for $869. We are not putting this figure here as a want ad but to help with a value on this mans pistol. Hope this helps knowing that something is worth what someone is willing to pay. Babybounce
    And yee shall have them for a very long time at that price.

A used P225 in real good shape should bring $400 to $450 depending on the buyer. Put it on GB for $400 and see if you have any takers. FYI, just because it is only sold to LE agencies does not mean it is a highly sought after pistol. Most LEO opt for the P229 in .40S&W or a Glock in 9mm or 40S&W.
  • Options
    cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I saw them in the SOG flyer for $439.00.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The value of common guns can be found by going to the Gunbroker home page & clicking on the Smart Search link. Then, enter a description of the gun & select "completed auctions".

Value will depend upon condition & accessories.

Neal
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    This is one sweet little pistol, why sell it. It is easy to pack, its only downside is the limited capacity. If you can place the shots and have an extra clip it would be a great carry choice.

My humble opinion.

Sig
    NRA Patron Member
  • Options
    CFPythonCFPython Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to agree with sig232, the P225 is a great carry pistol. I'd sell my P226 before I'd get rid of the 225. P226's are great duty guns (carried one for a few years in an SSIII security holster), but the P225 is more concealable and has adequate firepower.