In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

XD Ported vs. STD.

dtbsage@msn.comdtbsage@msn.com Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I been considering a SA XD V-10 PORTED in 9mm for casual plinking. Anyone had experience with this particular model? Would appreciate your comments on whether muzzle flip is truly reduced and flash/accuracy with this pistol. In advance, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my idea of a casual plinking gun would be one that steady aimed shots could be taken with. killing tin cans takes steady aim.
    the x-d is designed primarily for self defense,striker fired,no hammer or means to cock it for a steady aimed shot.the trigger is like a glock only longer and a bit harder.it is meant more for rapid fire self defense shooting.you could use it for what you say but a good double action non ported pistol would be better choice.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree w/dtbsage. When the XD came out I was quick to take a look at it, but I can't see going with a DA trigger pull. The single action pull is what you want for plinking. I prefer having that in a defense weapon also.. my 0.02 .