In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

old .410

coldcachecoldcache Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
dI have customer who brought in a break open .410
with Belgium Proof Marks. The barrel breaks open
all the way laying against frame. It has hammer
and is a single fire gun. The barrel is hexagonal
tapering to round barrel. Anyone having idea what
company made this gun and its approximate value,
please advise. I will try to get photo. Thanks, Jerry

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Jerry,

My bet is that the barrel is octagonal before it transitions to round. Most of those old Belgian scatterguns were made by cottage industry shops and are unmarked. Determining who or when exactly they were made is next to impossible. That said, importation to the U.S. began circa 1890, and ceased at the outbreak of WW I. Single barrel (single-shot) shotguns are not considered to be "collectable", and typically are very low valued. Caution... that old .410 bore is most likely only chambered for a 2-inch shell, and should not be fired with any modern manufactured shells
  • Options
    coldcachecoldcache Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot Bert
  • Options
    Dean CascioDean Cascio Member Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It may not even be a.410 2-inch. It could be an .44 shotshell which is even older then the 2-inch .410's
    Dean
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    Hello Jerry,

that old .410 bore is most likely only chambered for a 2-inch shell, and should not be fired with any modern manufactured shells