In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MYSTERY HAND GUN ???

fatbobcatfatbobcat Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A 50 CAL HANDGUN MADE BY J. LEWIS ARMS MFG OF CINTI OHIO,
IT IS A COLORADO CENTENNIAL (1876-1976 )
DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MANUFACTUER ?
ARE THEY STILL IN BUSNIESS ?
KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THEM ?
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS FOR READING. FATBOBCAT

Comments

• Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Jack Lewis was a long time Cincinnati gun dealer and very infrequently produced a weapon or two, generally at the request of specific customers. For years, he had his shop in Norword, a self contained community, surrounded by the city of Cincinnati. Forty years ago, I know that I visited the shop as a small boy. Since, then, I moved away and then back again. He was gone when I returned. Several folks told me that he moved his shop to a log cabin on the Ohio River, between Ripley and Portsmouth. These same folks told me that "you can't miss it," but after several trips, I failed to find it. My suspicion is that he is no longer with us. He was at least 40 years old, 40 years ago, so he'd be in his 80's today. I'll ask around and see what I can find. Best of luck and good shooting -- Steve

Here's what I've found from a very brief internet search:
    Jack Lewis Sr.
    2001 U.S. Hwy 52
    Stout, OH 45684-8941
    740-858-6776 Eastern Time

Once again, hope this helps -- Steve
  • Options
    fatbobcatfatbobcat Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    STEVE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP, YOUR THE KIND THAT MAKE THIS SITE #1
    I AM TOLD THAT HE MADE ONLY 76 OF THESE HANDGUNS IN 1976 TO CELEBRATE
    THE COLORADO CENTENNIAL ( 1876 - 1976 ), mine is a mid ser # that would support that.
    THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.
    FATBOBCAT