In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus PT 101 repairs.

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I had sent my PT 101 back to the factory for repairs.
I was forced to "wiggle" the decocker after every shot in order to get the trigger to reset and fire the next round.
I got it back yesterday, after a month, and took it out in the yard.
I fire once and the trigger does not reset.
I try to "wiggle" the decocker and nothing happens.
I finally figure out that after every shot I must put the gun on safety, tap the trigger with my finger until the trigger "pops" out, move the safety to fire and fire the gun.
What is going on in there?
The repairs were made at the Taurus factory, but I am wondering now if I should send it back to them or just find a local gunsmith.
Any comment or advise would be appreciated.
DSM

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get on the phone with them and RAISE HOLY HECK! Tell them to send you a UPS label to ship it back and tell them YOU WANT IT FIXED RIGHT THIS TIME! When you call, ask for a MANAGER, don't waste your breath on the call takers! The make a huge deal about their LIFETIME warranty, make them honor that!!! Why should you have to pay a local gunsmith to repair it when you just got it back from their repair center!