In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BSA scopes

grizzmastergrizzmaster Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking to get a scope for my 7MM Mag. BSA has some really cheap scopes and that usually means cheap quality as well. Anybody know anything about their scopes?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Are BSA scopes any good? Particularly the handgun types. Trying to stay affordable for a milsurp scout rifle application.

Thanks, JCS44
  • Options
    edited November -1
    has anyone tryed these scopes
    am thinking about buying the sweet 17 for my marlin 17
    or maby the target scope. which one? i mostly target shoot.
    may have answered my own question..any thought's anyone...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are the BSA scopes any good. Looking to buy a new scope to put on a ruger 10 22 and was thinking of the 6x24x40 Contender target scope. Just woundering what you guys thought of this scope.thanks JEFF
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have any of you guys used their scopes? Are they of "acceptable" quality? I'm not asking to even begin comparing them to the likes of the higher priced name brands......just curious if they have been used with any success?
    TIA?
    Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found some BSA scopes in a magazine on sale for a really good price. Is there a reason they are so cheap? Is this the case of "you get what you pay for"? I was just looking for some experience with these scopes.Thanks for your helpJay
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found some BSA scopes in a magazine on sale for a really good price. Is there a reason they are so cheap? Is this the case of "you get what you pay for"? I was just looking for some experience with these scopes.Thanks for your helpJay
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    not the best quality, but they are pretty cheap. i think, that if i wanted a cheaper scope, i would get a simmons or nikon.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    not the best quality, but they are pretty cheap. i think, that if i wanted a cheaper scope, i would get a simmons or nikon.

Nikon cheap???? There is nutten wrong with BSA scopes..For target get the Platium 6-24 with the dot[:)]
  • Options
    37rangemaster37rangemaster Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just purchased a 3-9x40 burris fullfield 2 tactical with the ballistic plex optical i originally ordered the 2-7x35 but it was on back order...total cost of 220 bucks....thats alot of scope for that kinda coin IMO
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several BSA scopes on some hard kicking rifles, one of which is a 45-70 and they hold zero. For an inexpensive scope, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

Nikon cheap???? There is nutten wrong with BSA scopes..For target get the Platium 6-24 with the dot[:)]
    i said a cheaper scope not a cheap scope
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info...
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm with donaldinger on this one, i have a 8x32x50 on my 22-250 and my buddy has the same scope on his 7mmRUM so that pretty much covers both ends of the spectrum as far as recoil goes and both scopes have been great for less than $100.00 i'm sure that the glass isnt as good as a $800.00 leupy but on 32 power i can make out those wee little 22-250 holes at 300 yards with no problem so i'm not complaining about it... [:D]
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I have three. 6-24x44, 8-32x50, & 4-20x44. Cannot be beat for the price.

I HIGHLY recommend the mil dot reticle, especially for varmint hunting. Built in range finder.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think, that if i wanted a cheaper scope, i would get a simmons or nikon.

[?]
  • Options
    DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheap, Simmons, yes in every sence of the word.
    Nikon, Damn good scope and they ain't cheap.
    BSA, I've got a cheap 4x32 on a marlin 336 and it holds great!