In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock trigger adjustment

sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have noticed that the trigger on my Glock 17 is releasing the striker when it almost hits the back of the trigger guard. I know its a good thing to have a trigger stop to prevent overtravel on most target type pistols, but in this case it seems like I have to pull the trigger back to far to fire. Is there a way to adjust the Glock triggers to change this release point? Must I consider replacing the spring? Any help would be appreciated.

Sig232
NRA Patron Member

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    the problem would be in the trigger bar, I believe. Any unusual wear?

Ben
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone done any "home gunsmithing" to the gun? What pound connector does it have?

You could probably correct the problem by installing a new trigger bar and trigger, which is all one piece. Also check the trigger pin for looseness.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    damage to the firing pin? I don't know the exact name, but where the trigger bar pushes rearward on the end of the pin.

Does that look normal.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will take a look at the trigger bar and check for wear. The Glock is stock as far as I know, I am the second owner, bought it from a gal who sold off her deceased husbans collection.

Sig232
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The firing pin looks good but the rear end of the trigger bar may have some wear on it. Strange, but the trigger connects better with the slide off if you manually pull the trigger bar into the cocked position and then pull the trigger to release it. Then when I put on the slide and pull the trigger it releases at a point almost to the rear of the trigger guard. Maybe this is the way its supposed to be. If anyone has a Glock 17 check the trigger release and let me know if this is the normal operation for your Glock.

I have a model 32 in 357 sig and I will pull that out of the safe and see if it operates the same. Don't thinks so but I will check.
    Thanks for all the imput.

Sig232
    NRA Patron Member
  • Options
    JERRYGSKIJERRYGSKI Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know the answer to your question, but I can lead you to someone who will. Contact Greg Rubin at Miami Glock, www.miamiglock.com From my own personal experience, he is one of the most knowledgable people on the Glock models that I have ever met. Besides he is very personable, and willing to share his wealth of knowledge without question.
    Just my 2 cents,
    Best Regards,
    jerry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Jerry.

Sig