In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sks folder w/ 3-30 rnd mags

mjalmsmjalms Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
{elsewhere} has this for sale but the 30 round mags do not have the duck tail please someone out their help me out?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We discuss the SKS removable mags about once a month. Search the archives & you will find everything you need.

Neal
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Chinese made (2) versions of the commercial SKS, that took standard AK 47 magazines. They were sold in the US, during the 90's. Generally the go for more money, then the standard 10 shot SKS.
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 30 round, 10 round, and a 5 round. I got the round for hunting legally, and it works at about a 98% rate. The ten round mag that came with it works everytime. The 30 round I bought, looks nice, but can not get the dang thing to work. Stick with the 10 round
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes this is talked about one time a month but my ? was in regards to a russian sks that was for sale on a gun site that had 3 ak mags that went with it???? true or false or converted
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjalms
    Yes this is talked about one time a month but my ? was in regards to a russian sks that was for sale on a gun site that had 3 ak mags that went with it???? true or false or converted

The only original SKS's that were manufactured to specifically take AK magazines were the (2) Chinese ones, that I referenced in my previous post. If there is a Russian SKS that takes AK mags its either a extremely valuable unknown varation, or more likely some shade tree mechanic butcher job, done in the US.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats what I thought but just wanted some experience to help my thoughts out