In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunsmith needed

vafrankovafranko Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know of a decent gunsmith in or near Iowa that isn't too extremely busy?

I have an Ithaca Model 37 old style with a barrel that had been cut down a bit and now has no choke. What I'd like to do is maybe have it cut down a bit more and have some rifle sights put on it and use it as a smoothbore slug barrel since it's pretty much worthless as is.

I would like to send it in now and get it back before deer season (first week in december) Seems like wait times for gunsmiths is pretty long right now so this might be a stretch.

-Adam

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a M96 Mauser that beeds a new barrel. I bought a replacement from Samco, but the threads need to be chased down. I need a gunsmith who can cut the threads and headspace it. Thanks! Joe

joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Posted this original message in wanted forum. It was recommended I post it here also. So:
    I have a .50 cal SMG I want to get assembled. Need a gunsmith in the Venice, Englewood, Florida vicinity to do the work...I imagine needs to be headspaced, etc and I am not techincally equipped or physically equipped to handled this beast (was not told I had to put it together when I purchased it...real dummy}. Cash paid for gunsmith with references and experience. Thanks, Frank (fpateconner@aol.com}.
    Further, this is a completely legal bolt action rifle. I signed the 4473 and passed background check so no legal issues involved. Thanks all that respond.
  • Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Ah... Dear Frank:
    Hate to break it to you but a ".50 cal SMG" and "a completely legal bolt action rifle" aren't quite the same thing. We need some more info. here or I suspect no one is going to touch this one.
  • Options
    drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you referring to a .50 BMG.Bolt action rifle?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    drsk all .50 cal that I have seen (SGN, for one) the designation BMG tacked to description. Something like a german dress bayonet that is not a bayonet.
  • Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by vafranko
    drsk all .50 cal that I have seen (SGN, for one) the designation BMG tacked to description. Something like a german dress bayonet that is not a bayonet.

Huh? Did you mean to say "SMG", or "BMG"?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    vafranko- I think we are getting confused. SMG is submachinegun, but sounds as if you have a rifle in 50 BMG (indicating it uses the cartridge for the 50 Browning Machine Gun, as opposed to 50 Beowulf, or somethig else) Which is it?