In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lighting up the trigger pull ????

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
What spring would i do, the trigger or hammer? Its a Ruger GP100 357 that i want to lighten up the trigger pull. i know people say it may make it unreliable but its NOT a carry gun so i'm not worried. should i lower the hammer spring cause it already has a factory 14ib trigger. or the trigger spring what is a 12lb spring or just do both?

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Have you considered just replacing the trigger itself? A wider, smooth faced trigger will feel like it has *much* less pull than a thinner (or grooved) trigger, with no other changes. Shot a Taurus 357 once that had what felt like an incredible trigger - but a scale showed it at 13+ pounds. It was however very wide.
  • Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    order a Wolf spring kit , it comes with 3 different weight springs for the hammer ,use the lightest that still makes it work. it is very simple to install.it comes with complete instructions ,it is not expensive either.
    the stainless steel parts in the Ruger trigger system will polish each other slick with use.dry fire it a lot and it will get slicker and slicker.
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put the Wolf spring kit in a 454 and it works real nice now. Make sure you don't put the liter of the kit springs in you may not like how light the single action touches off. I used a combo of light and heavy springs until I found the combo I liked.

Emmett
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    read your other post on this,revolver help.with what i did to mine it works great,no light hits on primer,either single or double action.i use mine shooting falling plates, so it is shot double action, i have never had a misfire.
  • Options
    poopahpoopah Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen to the wolf sping kit,putone in my sons 357,it was almost a completly different gun.Good Shooting,Poopah
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I completely agree with all the other responses about getting the Wolf Trigger Kit for $10.00. They are available at both Midway and Brownells.

I put mine in a GP-100 .357 Mag and as others have already said, it really makes the pistol fell like a different gun. The kit is easy to install, simple, and reliable. I would say the pull on mine is about 2 lb. using the lightest springs in the kit.

Regards,

Heavyiron