In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

identification

diddid Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
hello,
Sorry for my english...I'm a french man who lives and work in morocco.
I've found a gun ( longarms) and on the lockplate i can read J.G.BRUNN . hE WAS A GUN MARKER OF BIRMINGHAM 1879 to 1882, 17 and 18 sand street( just near st mary's church) and after he works with GREENER ( St mary's works???).Have you more informations on this man?? Was he a member's family of Samuel BRUNN...
Inside the lokplate I CAN READ "W TR" (r on the top of the T).Maybe a william tranter 's lockplate.
Please can you held me if you have more informations.
Sorry for my english...
Cheers
Didier

Comments

• Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum, did! I know didly about your subject[:D]'
    but Rufesnow or someone will by tomorrow evening, I would bet.
    If you like a little insanity in your day, I hope you will check out the general discussion forum, also. There are lots of great arguments, jokes and interesting subjects posted over there.[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry but it's not a joke, my name is didier delpech and i'm serious,i'm looking for in formations about J.G.BRUNN
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, the only thing I could find in my reference, pertained to the Czech arms factory that was renamed by the Germans during the occupation.
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The lockplate is definitely Tranter's. J(Joseph) G Brunn first occupied 13 Newton St in 1878 and moved to 17/18 Sand St from 1879-1882. There was a William Henry Brunn who is listed as occupying the back of 13 St Marys Row from 1908-1909 who possibly could have been a son.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks a lot joel for this information..I'm very happy
    cheers
    didier