In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saddle Rings on rifles Part 2

BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
Gents,

I need to say a couple of words about my response in this thread:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=316760

I am sorry. I did not intend to come across as demeaning, or harsh. I was trying to have a little fun with the other respondants. I guess my answer needed some smilies.[:0] Since I cannot edit that response, I will add them here:

[:)][:D][:p][8D][;)]

shooter10, if you reread the original question, you will find it to be a pretty general question about the purpose of saddle rings:

quote:Originally posted by BUCKAWHO

Any old cowboys out there that can tell me the purpose of "saddle rings", and how they were utilized on horseback? Or are they just ornamentation that get in the way of a good cleaning? Buckawho?

I agree that saddle rings can be used in several ways, but the question, again, is about the purpose of the ring. Mounted soldiers were the reason for the saddle ring, and there is no other reason that they were originally offered. I guess that BUCKAWHO addressed "cowboys" because they are now most-often associated with saddle ring carbines, instead of mounted soldiers.

Thanks for listening.