In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sales to california

Dave45-70Dave45-70 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have noticed lately alot of sellers state in their adds that they will not ship or sell to anyone in california.Maybe I missed something in my American Rifleman or the news but since I will be puting a rifle on gunbroker in the near future I would like to know if i should do the same?and why. I am not a FFL dealer. thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    This is my first sale ever on GB. I am not a shooter, but I'm a member of the NRA and a supporter of gun rights. That being said, I have made a sale of a rifle to California and have been told that there are different rules to selling to that state and that some dealers will not even sell there.
    My question is; Can I send the rifle to his FFL dealer in CA myself or do I have to have a dealer in Illinois send it to his dealer?
  • Options
    Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Bug-a-Boo is a new law that went into effect 7/1. Requires a 01 to get a letter from the DOJ, for that specific rifle or handgun, that it is legal in CA when tranfering to another 01. It's done on line but apparently it is somewhat of a pain. 01 to 03 and 03 to 03 transfers are exempt from the law but some people are painting the whole thing with a broad brush and just saying no CA sales.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    The way I look at it is that I'm licensed to do business by the state of Maine, I'm licensed (01 FFL) by the Federal Government to deal in firearms. I will not let the state of California put me thru a bunch of stupid time wasting crap to ship a firearm to that state that is legal under Federal and California laws to ship there.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only problem with that is that it plays into the anti's hand by keeping CA citizens from purchasing guns and in effect banning guns in CA.

So to all those that refuse to sell to CA, thank you for helping the anti's and helping their cause.

Just remember this, all the other anti-gun wackos are watching and if it looks like it is working in CA, they may start trying to pass the same type of laws in your state.

I'm off my soapbox now.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand the FFLs being PO'd and agree, CA reaching across state lines is indefensible and I'd hope some sort of lawsuit is undertaken. But the "No Sales to CA" routine just helps the anti gunners - how can anyone think they won't notice, especially if we have a Democrat President (the most antigun candidate in a long time) and a Democrat Congress headed by Nancy Pelosi?

And BTW, the postings should more accurately reflect what is being done - "No Sales to California Gunowners ....including those in the NRA".
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the interstate commerce act address this type of thing???????
    JIM.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.I guess i'll do my part to fight the anti's by agreeing to sell and ship to Cal. thanks again
  • Options
    Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DBuesching - May I say thank you for being reasonable!!! We seem to be the state you love to hate, even though other states have restrictive gun laws. Personally - I appreacate your willingness to sell to CA.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Aint Kalifornicatia another country anyways?