In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a Professional Estimate of Value

BenDeccoBenDecco Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to figure out the value of a handgun or what it may go for at auction.

The Handgun is a Para-Ordnance/Les Baer double stack 1911..
P142.JPG
This 1911 has a hardchrome frame with a 30lpi front strap. Low profile adjustable bo-mar front sights and a Cart National Match Barrel, 2 of the 5 hi-cap mags are also hardchromed with the +2 mag extensions....

This .45 was Custom built off of a P-14 gunsmith frame by Drew Heidecker in California....Thanks for any estimates in advance....Warren

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What part is Baer?

I will bid on it. :)

CP in Bonanza

Edit
    I know Baer well
    What parts on the gun are from Baer??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Les Baer is a custom gunmaker that specializes in 1911 and AR-15's...He's known for making some of the highest quality firearms made....

http://www.lesbaer.com/1911s.html

Just trying to get an estimate of what its worth or if its worth putting it up on auction....Appreciate your reply.....
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you want a professional estimate, that means you have to pay for it; you will only get amateur estimates here, as we don't charge.

I suggest that you ask your local gun shop, as most will be more than willing to charge you for an estimate.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quote by nmymers

" Since you want a professional estimate, that means you have to pay for it; you will only get amateur estimates here, as we don't charge.

I suggest that you ask your local gun shop, as most will be more than willing to charge you for an estimate."

"Wow"....

This forum is called "Ask the Experts"...And the definition of the forum is.

Use this message board to ask questions about what an item is worth, find out about its history, or see if someone else knows something about a specific item.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $750
    Nice firearm

CP
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Nice blaster. I would say from $700-900 for it.I have a P-12 built by Novak's, and have been asking $800.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello SIR I think if you stated WANT AN EXPERT OPINION you would not have gotten one of your replies to your question. I agree a Profession is normally what one make a living at. An Expert is someone that has more then the average knowledge up to the utmost authority about a subject and their opinions will vary. With that said it would be very hard to give you a Value because of a number of reasons . #1 the pistol has a number of great parts and it does look good #2 Mr. Heidecker is most likely well known in the part of California that he lives but IMHO not a household word for most pistol shooters . " you could take all of the same parts that an INDY 500 winning car has and have your local Mechanic put them together and it would not even run close to the winning car". Has Mr. Heildecker built any match winning guns? if so what matches and what shooters #3 this is a near one of a kind pistol how does one put a value on something that has no "TRACK RECORD" of many past sales of like Item? I would say that 900 of every one thousands persons that comes in a gun show would not Pay over $1000 for this pistol but 5 out of that thousand might pay $2500.00. Thank you for your time .There is a difference between an auction . "HIGH BIDDER WINS" and a sale. "the buyer sets a price and asks every one to look and see if they will pay that amount " the first one that says yes gets the item. IMHO if you set a reserve you will eliminate 85% of people that buy guns on this site . If you set a high starting price it will eliminate a large number of people how ever if you have a nice item with good pictures"YOU HAVE THAT" then with the number of buyers on this sight will bid and bid to the REAL value of your pistol if you start the bidding at $1.00. Thanks for your time PERRY SHOOTER
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Para...so-so...decent but not the "best" platform to start a custom 1911 build with. One of the "best" (and not just IMO) is a Colt A1.

...Cart...great barrel.

...BoMar...great.

...Most anyone here that would give you an answer, knows who and what Baer is/does.

...A complete list of the internals from the pistol smith would help greatly, as I am sure if this is a complete build...the internals have been changed, trigger job done, etc.

Make a list on the auction of EVERYTHING done to the gun by the pistol smith, item by item...VERY helpful to the serious buyer...the time to make the list will translate into $$$$ in your pocket; and the smith SHOULD have this detailed list you can obtain.

...The way the gun is set up with internals may help someone that shoots a certain discipline to bid/buy it...very helpful info to know WHAT & NAME of parts inside were installed.

...Brand of mags.

...GREAT close up pics of all the work..BOTH sides.

...Looks like a very nice race gun but, keep in mind that the person that would be the most interested in this once the price gets "up there" (as long as it's in line) will be someone that shoots comp.

...Most ALL gun builds by pistol smiths, unless mega-famous...will not bring the money the orginal customer invested in the build...not to say it may not be a great 1911.

...IF your jinky and the nervous type....I'd put a reserve in...but state the reserve...and keep it low. IF you do GREAT pics/great description WITH a detailed "parts build list", place the auction and they will come...and you should get an acceptable price.
    Place some high * reserve, and/or don't reveal it...you have alienated a BIG group of possible bidders on GB...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif