In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking to ID a revolver

jumpoftenjumpoften Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a revolver I got from my dad a couple of years ago. I'm looking for history on it, like when it was made and by who and how much it maybe worth.

6 shot revolver
CAL .32 S&W Long (engraved on the barrel)
The bottom of handle has the number Q120832
Revolves counter clock wise
On the side it it has the following engraving
MOD RG 31
RG IND
Miama, FLA
The handle has a logo rG on it.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    German Made...in Excellent condition worth $50.00...Trade Name owned by Rohm GmbH...Sontheim/Brenz...West Germany...They were also made in Miami, Florida under Licence...
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please do not try to shoot this gun. JUNK>
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its worth $100 if the police have a gun buy back program in your area...otherwise its garbage, no offense meant.
  • Options
    jumpoftenjumpoften Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No offense taken, we aren't attached in any way to that pistol. I just wanted to know about it.

I've never fired it, and it probably has been 20 years since it's been fired.

Is the concern about firing it because it may blow up on me and cause me injury, or is it just not worth the ammo spent?

Thanks again
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jumpoften
    Is the concern about firing it because it may blow up on me and cause me injury, or is it just not worth the ammo spent?

Thanks again

Blow up, no. Waste of ammo, perhaps.
    The biggest problem is that they were/are poorly designed and made from low grade materials. IOW they wear out fast, and just stop working. They are the classic "saturday night special" handgun.
    Todays equivalent for quality/reliability would be the Jennings/Raven handguns.

Keep it as a momento from your father, as that is where it's greatest value is.