In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester 22lr

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Have any of you been around one of the wilcat target/varmit version of the Winchester. I can't seem to find any, looking for a reasonably priced plinker.

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Go to CDNN's website and download their latest catalog-WARNING-they are big files, so unless you have DSL, you'll have to wait a while.
    I think it's www.cdnnsports.com or www.targetsports.com or something like that.
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you mean the "Wildcat" 22LR made for Winchester in Russia? If so, you can find them at Bass Pro for $220. Or, in Bass Pro's current promotion, if you buy a Browning Citori/Cynergy or a Winchester 101 they'll throw in a Wildcat for free. Same deal if you buy a Browning Medallion safe. Maybe other companies that carry Browning/Winchester have the same promotion going. I haven't shot one of the Wildcats but they look and feel pretty good for 200 bucks. And if you're in the market for a new Citori or gun safe, free is a very good price. The look and feel, probably not fit and finish though, is a little like the old ('60s era) Anschutz 22s. Would meet your wish for a reasonably priced plinker I think.