In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Foreign Ammo

dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Where can I get brass or factory ammo for 6.5X58mm Rim. I have Australian cases but they are impossible to form as the bases for 3/8" above the rim are solid, and will not even form in conversion dies. Any suggestions? Thanks Pete

Comments

• Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For my PPK I was recommended German ammo like Geco. Where can I purchase this? I can't seem to find it anywhere online or in my gun stores?
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    This is a partial answer:
    If no luck with the Geco, then get Sellier & Bellot, or Norma. Those manufacturers take a back seat to no one. Best, Joe
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My .32acp Walther PP shoots Magtech ammo better than the big 3. Geco is a close second.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try GOOGLEING either GECO or RWS ammo. Years back I bought a case of the RWS .32 auto. It worked really well in a number of .32 pistols, I then owned, (it seemed to function much better then the U.S., made stuff). Both GECO & RWS are hard to find though, it doesn't appear they are commonly imported and sold in the States.
  • Options
    jimthompson502002jimthompson502002 Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    American ammo in most European calibers is underloaded.
    That's one reason 9mm.'s (9x19mm. P.08 or "Luger") reputation here was so bad for so long, and for MANY decades after much of the world had decided it was the most efficient handgun cartridge around, and had
    adopted it. That was partially due to shortcomings in the
    S&W M39's strength, of course. But European autos like
    brisk ammo, and always have. S&B, Hirtenberger, Lapua,
    Norma, even Hungarian stuff--it's all around, and works
    better.