In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help maker and value of drilling shotgun

rwb940rwb940 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a 16 gauge drilling shotgun serial #1022. The bore maybe 9x72?? I would appreciate any help in identifying the maker and value of this shotgun. Thank you for your time.

dsc00367k.jpg
roechelelektostahl.jpg
restahl5.jpg
restahl3.jpg
hallmark4.jpg
hallmark3.jpg
dsc00373qf.jpg
dsc00372gc.jpg
dsc00371ak.jpg
dsc00370fe.jpg
dsc00369lo.jpg
dsc00368ka.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Your Drilling started life as a PRE WW II drilling The cartridge More then likely the fire-arm is not nitro proofed . The cartridge is slightly less powerful the 30/30 not to be confused with the 9.3 X 74 R . The drilling was most likely was built by a small one man gun smith and as no records exist you are out of luck unless proof marks give a time frame.Most of these guns were owned by civilians of above average
    wealth . They hid these guns during the war and storage took its toll. Your gun has has heavy rust at some time and outside finish has suffered.I would say it may bring $1000 on a good day . we need close up pictures of all proof marks these are hidden on the barrels and action water-table when the gun is closed Also the makers name most likely on the top rib between the barrels slightly rear of about the middle of the barrel.
  • Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry but you photographs are not too good. They are too large, over lit and don't show the markings clearly. Please write out the markings just as they are on the gun and maybe we can help you.