In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BRNO Scope Rings ?

litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
Just got a 22LR BRNO bolt action (made in 1956) It looks like the receiver takes 5/8" (+ or -) not the standard 3/8" rings. Anyone know where I can get these? Would like to find something besides Millett. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Measure the specific dimensions with a dial caliper, and call Brownells customer service folks in the morning. They carry a extensive inventory of ring, mounts etc. Most likely an older Czech rifle would have metric dovetails. If dovetails are that large might be the same size used on centerfire rifles. 5/8 would be in the neighborhood of 15 millimeter.
  • Options
    cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a set of modified Sako rings that fit the Brno. I can send them out for $55.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by litetrigger
    Just got a 22LR BRNO bolt action (made in 1956) It looks like the receiver takes 5/8" (+ or -) not the standard 3/8" rings. Anyone know where I can get these? Would like to find something besides Millett. Thanks

The BRNO probably takes an 11 mm - that's about .44" and is greater than 3/8" but not quite 4/8", don't know if that's within the +- cited. Brownells carries a few 11mm rings, I've never had an issue using plain old 3/8" on any of my CZ rimfires. I know there's as light difference in angle of cut, I've not found it to matter.

The Warne 7.3 or Warne rimfire has worked well for me too.

CZ makes 11 mm groove rings, they're expensive, as does Burris. I usually get the Burris.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/rings1.html#4