In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1912 Luger Value

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
I know nothing about luger's and a friend of mine who happens to be a daler, is selling one for a guy. He wants $1000 for what is supposed to be a 1912 gun bought in spain in the late 40's. Finish appears origianl but there is a mismatched number from frame to barrel. does not have original magazine. What is it worth and what whould I look for when going to look at it. Sorry no photos, this is all I have to go on.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Todd, here is a recent auction for a refinished mixed parts mongrel that brought $800 on GB. And, that's a fair price for a "shooter".

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243309837

My guess is that the gun you have been offered is a similar gun. Be sure that the gun is 9mm, as .30 cal Luger ammo is expensive & hard to find, making it worth much less as a "shooter".

Lugers were always hand-fitted at the factory. A parts gun may or may not function reliably, so be sure that you have a return privilege.

Neal
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Todd, NMyers helped me on a Luger I got. Mine is all matching numbers from 1940 (except the mag, those almost never match), but mine has been very well re-blued. I only paid $900, which was a pretty good deal though not a steal according to Neal.