In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester magazine? Help identify please

NordicwargodNordicwargod Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi All, I was given a 5 round magazine for a winchester rifle. It looks like OEM and the person who owned it had no idea what rifle it is for. He has no Winchester rifles and this was in a bunch of stuff he inherited. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Interesting! I am no expert but I am no beginner either. I have never heard of a model 100. I did a search and it was produced from 1961-1974. Anyone have an idea of value? If I were to list it what should be a starting bid.

Edit #2 I inserted 308 cartridges in it and they fit fine so I guess all three fit in this magazine. I have seen some in other auctions with the caliber stamped on them although they may be aftermarket. I listed it the other day here on Gunbroker as I have no use for it. Thanks for all the help everyone.

[iforsale3012.jpg
By letshammer at 2011-10-24mg][/iforsale3009.jpg
By letshammer at 2011-10-24mg][iforsale3010.jpg
By letshammer at 2011-10-24mg][/imforsale3011.jpg
By letshammer at 2011-10-24g]

Comments

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester magazine for model 100. 243, 308 ans 284 caliber.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hoosier
    Winchester magazine for model 100. 243, 308 ans 284 caliber.

Yep.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somewhat arbitrary number, but I'd start it at 35 and set it to run for 2 week. I wouldn't be surprised if you did better than that, but I wouldn't take less. Good luck.
  • Options
    me4sureme4sure Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you'll find it's not a 5 round mag, but maybe 4.
  • Options
    MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two model 100's. One is in .284, the other is in .243 and I think they have the same magazines. I do not have a .308 model, so may I suggest that you try to insert a .308 round into the magazine prior to posting an auction indicating the magazine will accept that caliber?

Just a thought...

Aaron