In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1873 3rd Gen.

Manoa-FishermanManoa-Fisherman Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Ask the Experts
Rummaging around again, I found another forgotten purchase, a 1983 New In Box Colt 1873 Peacemaker in 45LC with a 4-3/4 inch barrel. It has rubber grips and was purchased from an investor who never even turned the cylinder (I think it still has the plastic tie to prevent the hammer from being cocked).

What is the estimated value of this "safe queen"? I don't know if the market for these has remain static or has it gone up or down? The gun is in the original box.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be able to find similar guns by searching COMPLETED Gunbroker auctions. (Click on the ADVANCED tab.)

Neal
  • Options
    JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The revolver you describe, a 3rd Gen SAA, 45 x 4 3/4" x HR, is still available new from Colt. See what stocking dealers are selling theirs for, and yours should be priced a bit less because, technically, it is now "Used".

Johnny
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    As they're still in production. it's most likely in the $1,200 - $1,300 range.