In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scope, Beeman Model 66R Blue Ribbon

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Ask the Experts
Looking for any information on the following scope; such as manufacturer, general quality, approximate value in used excellent condition and experiences good or bad.
It was originally on an R-1 air rifle and is apparently designed to withstand the unique stresses that type of arm provides, but I'm thinking to put it on one of my .22 L.R.'s.
Beeman Blue Ribbon, Model 66R
1" tube
2-7X32 with AO and target nobs.
Appears to be of reasonable quality, or is should I restrict it to the air guns and start fresh in my search for a .22 scope?
All opinions appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it will stand up to thebi-directional recoil of the big spring piston air rifles, then it will easily withstand a 22 LR. It might have a shorter parellax free distance than, say, a scope meant for a high powered rifle, but for most folks that will work well with a 22 LR also.

Since good air guns scopes are hard to find, I would keep it for that purpose, and get something else for the 22...Just my WAG on things.

Best
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    If it will stand up to thebi-directional recoil of the big spring piston air rifles, then it will easily withstand a 22 LR. It might have a shorter parellax free distance than, say, a scope meant for a high powered rifle, but for most folks that will work well with a 22 LR also.

Since good air guns scopes are hard to find, I would keep it for that purpose, and get something else for the 22...Just my WAG on things.

Best

+1.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    It will work good on your 22. I put a Simmons 4X12 air rifle scope on my Shillen barreled 1022 I built and it has gone through about 8,000 rounds so far.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys. Appreciated.