In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Date of manufacture?

brummiejimbrummiejim Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi, experts. Can someone tell me the DOM of a Winchester Model 64, serial number 1148447. Thank you Jim
P. S. If current, correct serial number dates of manufacture are listed on this web site or this Forum somewhere, pls. advise where so I won't have to bother folks in the future. Thx JT

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, Experts. Anyone know the current thinking for the Date of Manufacture serial number range for the year 1937? Much obliged--- Jim
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe if your were to give us a hint of what specific firearm you're interested in. We could be of some help.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Prior to 1968 there were several guns, including those made in 1937 that had no serial numbers.
  • Options
    Mod1892Mod1892 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim wrote:
    quote:Anyone know the current thinking for the Date of Manufacture serial number range for the year 1937?
    Each manufacturer used their own unique serial number sequence that started at different points in time. They each produced differing numbers of guns in specific years. Most of them used a unique serial number sequence for each of the various models they produced which started at different points in time. There were varying numbers of guns made in each model in each year. You did not specify the manufacture or the specific model you are interested in so I am not certain how we are supposed to answer the question.

Michael

Model 1892 / 61 Collector, Research, Valuation
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stupid of me to omit make and model. I'm interested in DOM for the year 1937 for the Winchester Model 12. Appreciate any reply. Jim
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Started at 749430, and ended at 788635, in 1937.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info., Trap55. A web site k/a Proofhouse has a different range of numbers. I know the folks on the GB Forums usually have the correct story. Thanks again. Jim
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're welcome. ProofHouse needs to update their Winchester DOM from Bert's work.