In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 930 spx Cycling Issue

Cheo2012Cheo2012 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi, Hope someone can share some knowledge in this situation.
I bought a Mossberg 930 spx and im having some issues with the rounds feeding from the tube to the chamber. it won't do it. I put one round in the chamber and lode the mag with seven more rounds, when I try to manually eject the round it ejected the first one , but the other round stayed in the tube, when I finally got it to cycle it doble fed, it jam. I took it apart and cleaned it real good and it worked for a bout 6 full cycle, then started doing the same thing again.
Can someone help me or have the same issues ?[:D]

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you shooting good ammo loaded on the heavy side? While you had it apart did you de-burr the working surfaces? Did you apply some lube to the moving parts as you put it back together?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I jus bought it , have not shot it. is a used gun. I dint de- burr, and yes I lube all moving parts.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...It's a Mossberg, so you cannot exspect much. I suspect it has to do with your gas metering system. Take your barrel off, an look to see if the gas port has an obstruction in it. Then check to make sure it is assembled correctly. There is the gas piston, O-ring, and friction sleeve that MUST be assembled in proper order for it to function.

Best

EDIT 1

After re-reading your original post, it seems this is happening when manually cycling the bolt. These are not meant to be babied. They are designed to work under full force, and full pressure. Rip the bolt back hard, and let it go. Sometimes, in the lesser guns, there needs to be a jarring to get a spring to disengage, like the magazine tube spring, etc. If it is happening when firing the gun, check the O-ring, and then the other stuff I mentioned above.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the info, will call Mossberg for support to see what they said
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    You should see if you can replicate this error by shooting the gun.
  • Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Havelin Sales for Mossberg questions.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 935 and it displays these symptoms when shooting low powered ammo. Simply not fully cycling the bolt. I can't remember the internal of that gun since I haven't shot it for over a decade-gave it to Son for waterfowling but as far as I can remember, it worked great with any load over 3 1/4 dram x 1 1/8 ounce up through top end 3" mag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for the info, I did what you said I rip the bolt back hard and it works good.!! thank you[:D][:D]