In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem 700 stock question?.

LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Maybe someone can steer me right..I have a 1968 Rem 700 BDL 300 WM with standard barrel,.its a Stainless Steel version although blued from factory,.I'm sure lots of you have seen these,and know they only came in 3 calibers,.I need a good replacement stock,aftermarket, do I need a magnum LA stock to fit this with standard barrel channel or,just a LA stk?...what would you recommend for a replacement?..[just wanting to use it,and save the original stk]..thanks to all!...Loko

Comments

• Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google Boyd's stocks. magnum barrel.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey LOKO,

Great seeing you on here again.

Geri is right on the money. I use Boyd's for a lot of aftermarket stuff. You just need something for the 700 LA, that will handle the bottom metal you have.. I assume that is a 300 Winchester Magnum you are talking about. It is the same action length as the 270, or 30-06.

Regards,
    Tim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Geri and Hello Tim..I knew I could get a good answer here [;)],.Hope you didnt get to snowed in this winter up there ..good hearing from you!..thanks again [yes it is a win mag 300}..Loko
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a look at the McMillan. Sometimes you can get deals on their in stock inventory.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    Take a look at the McMillan. Sometimes you can get deals on their in stock inventory.
    [8D]..thanks Rob
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, if your on a budget Bell and Carlson make a nice stock.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll cast another vote for Boyds. I have two of them and would not hesitate to buy more if I had a need.
  • Options
    CKCCKC Member Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I fancy myself as a rifleman, and as such lean towards beauty and accuracy.
    If it were mine, I would choose the Boyd's wood. Pay for a fancier grade. Choose semi-inleted. do a little work, glass bed and seal the pores well.
    I've been doing this for 20 years. Especially with 100 year old Swedish Mausers. All keep under 1" groups at 100 yards. Some, half that.
    Of course if you're just shooting fish in a barrel, a 2x4 and duct tape will do.
    Just my opinion, others may vary.