In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG P220 22 Conversion Unit

rjcrjc Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
I am thinking about buying a 22 conversion unit for my SIG P220 autos. Are these units reliable and of good quality?

Also, I have 2 P220's. An older one without the front rail and a newer one with the rail. I'm told the unit will work with any P220 that has a side magazine release. Is this true?

Any information/feedback on these units will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    P220kit.jpg

As originally designed the P220 could be adapted to caibers .22, .30 Parabellum, 9mm Luger, .38 Super and .45 ACP with the switching of a few or several parts. Shown is my own 9mm P220 with the .22 conversion above the pistol and a complete setup for .45 ACP above that. Adapting to .30 is a simple task with a 9mm pistol and .38 Super is an easy adaptation from .45. This is an early pistol with the bottom release so .22 magazines would have to be cut for use with the later frames which have a American style release. In whatever caliber selected it all works perfectly.
  • Options
    rjcrjc Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Outstanding looking rig Mark. Thanks for sharing. I had one of my 220's at the range yesterday and it eats up anything I put into it.

I think I'll go ahead and get the 22 conversion unit.