In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning 52 trigger pull

dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
How do you adjust the trigger pull ? There are two screws in front of the trigger guard ?

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The triggers have a "lawyer pin" that won't let you adjust below 5lbs. It's a tiny roll pin to prevent the "pull" screw from being adjusted any farther out than factory settings. Punch it out, and it adjusts the same as the original Win Model 52B.
  • Options
    dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you TRAP55
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    It amazes me at the knowledge the members
    of this forum possess.

Thank you

ron
  • Options
    49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I own an original Winchester 52B that I used to shoot BR-50 with, I always felt handicapped with the simple mechanical trigger compared to later 52's...pendulum triggers etc. Never knew the Browning kept the old style trigger!!!
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 52D got the re-designed trigger. I wondered why they used the B trigger too. Browning stipulated the lawyer pin from Miroku. Lawyers probably couldn't figure out how to screw up a D trigger.[:)]
  • Options
    ThreeDubsThreeDubs Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trigger used in the Browning 52 (and its Miroku-made cousin, the Winchester 52B Sporter) are basically copies of the MicroMotion trigger introduced with the 52C Target rifle, with the addition of the "lawyer pin".

This RFC thread covers adjustment of the MicroMotion trigger:
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432573.
    The instructions for Trigger Pull and Over-Travel apply to the 52C/D/E and to the Browning/Win 52B Sporters.

The Miroku-made Winchester 52B sporter has the B-style stock; the Browning 52 has the Monte Carlo/C-style stock; but internally they are the same.