In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beeman R7 .17cal Air Rifle

litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a used Beeman R7 rifle in .17 cal. Anyone have any advice on pellets that would do well in this rifle? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Beeman had their own branded pellets which were made for them by H&N and they are excellent. RWS pellets are also outstanding and are my usual choice. The RWS Club pellets are a good compromise between target grade accuracy and economic shooting.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean by "well"? The gun itself should shoot anything you feed it.

If you want max accuracy at short range (eg for target shooting), you need to use match grade pellets. If you want to hunt small game at anything longer than 15 yards, pointed pellets are probably better.

I've had good luck with RWS in the past as well, but I think like any gun, you'll have to try different types of ammo, to figure out which one works best for you.

Fortunately airgun pellets still aren't all that expensive, and unlike .22LR ammo, they're still readily available, so this shouldn't be too taxing on your wallet.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The R7 is a fairly large spring piston gun. Most big spring piston guns, like the heavy pellets to tame them down. I have an RWS 48, that really likes the Beeman silver arrow pointed pellets, that tip in at 11.4 grains. As Mark also mentioned, they are also made by H&N.

If you go to:

http://www.pyramydair.com/

they will have everything you need, including information, accessories, spare parts, and ammunition.

Best