In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem. 513T vs. Win. 75

Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have experience with both of these middle target rifles as far as accuracy? I have a nice 513T but have never been around a Winchester 75. The T has always been an accurate rifle for me. I own several Win 69 target guns and a 72 and they are generally a little more accurate than Rem 511/512.

Comments

• Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Half a dozen of one, 6 of the other. I like them both. Could tell no difference in shooting either one. Move on up to Winchester 52 and Remington 37.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington model 37 One of the finest Machined Rifle ever built
    even the magazine Is Milled not stamped metal.The 513 and model 75 can also be had in a sporter model Best small gane rifle made in the USA
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going back 60 years to when I was a kid, the junior rifle club where I was a member bought one of each. Not all of the kids had rifles and these rifles were to fill those gaps. Somebody donated some money and the rifles were purchased. I don't recall if I ever used either rifle at our range but my buddy and I checked them out one fall for a squirrel hunt. I liked both rifles and I think the one I carried was the 75. I don't remember if we got any squirrels but I doubt it: 16 year old kids on their own make too much noise!
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little while back my LGS had the "Targetmaster" for $500+ range. I thought real hard in getting her but I really needed to have my rear axles replaced (the bearings were beavering the axle). Also I drove like that for like a year and a half like that [:D]. Had to get most of that (after all we're in obama-nomics [V]).

Wasn't crazy about the sights (old eyes) and she'd look funny with modern glass. At least that's what I said to keep from buying and that I really needed the rear end fixed. But as soon as I had the cash (last week) I went a sniffing but she was gone.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both. One 75, a 513T commercial and a 513T military plus two 513S's. To me the 513T is a little more accurate but not enough difference that could not be attributed to ammo or the shooter.
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once again, thanks to all for your thoughtful responses.