In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unertl bases.

35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone here have a reference on Unertl scope bases? Screw spacing, height, etc? I found a set in my collection, that I didn't know I had, and I'm curious to know just what they were meant to fit. Thanks.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lyman marked their scope mounting blocks with letters. "O" and "E" being for the 1903 Springfield. Unertl may have used the same codes or may have come up with his own. I have a Lyman chart from the 1930's that gives the dimensions of the blocks for most of the rifles in production in that time period. You refer to your blocks as Unertl so they are probably late enough to have the half mood cutout on one edge of the top. If you will post the dimensions of the blocks, top of the block to center of the bottom I will look them up on the chart and may be able to come up with the answer for you. I would need to know if the bottom was flat or rounded to fit a barrel or receiver top.
  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are they marked? I have an original Unertl blueprint listing all the bases they made by measurement and hole spacing