In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 715 T

Logansdad1030Logansdad1030 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi folks
Looked back didn't see anything about this question on here

Bought a Mossberg 715t .22 LR for my daughter to have fun with. Heard that these guns tend to jam with certain shells
Have been advised that the CCI shells are best

Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google "mossberg 715t .22lr review" several video's and tons of reference's.

Almost all repeaters have a preference for ammo, can be bullet style/weight, pressure loading OAL etc.

CCI minimags are my go to ammo for all my repeaters. Finding any these days at a reasonable price is hope and a lot of change.

The bulk packed ammo is usually crap IMHO, if they don't care enough to put it in a package box they likely don't invest much in quality control either. I have lots of the bulk packed crap from the $12 a brick days that works fine in the single shot rifle or the revolver, in most of the autoloaders and pumps I have it's jam-o-matic when it does actually fire, not counting the duds and squib loads.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    The 715 is just a 702 with a hunk of plastic over top. You might also search that model and see if it has preferences.

My guess is that, you are going to have to keep it clean after every shooting.

I have a glenfield 60 that because jam o matic after a few hundred rounds. A clean gun should function well unless you get some low powered loads which is always an issue in autos and with bulk ammo.