In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

orange glock magazines

NOTPOSTALNOTPOSTAL Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
Is there anything special about these? I understand they were intended for training. Would they sell for a premium or have collector interest? I picked one up for a G20

Comments

• Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the entire magazine orange or just the baseplate?

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The entire magazine is orange except for the follower which is black.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I have come up with so far, they have no more value then the regular mags, unless you came across someone who just had to have one.

I will keep looking and asking around.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Orange Glock magazines were made on special order to various police department as RANGE MAGAZINES for training. Mostly used in shoot houses and where the officers magazines were dropped on hard ground or concrete. The offier would shelve his duty magazines and use the orange ones to keep his duty ones in pristine shootable condition. The orange color was to prevent an offier from taking them. My agency used them in the shoot house and also in Simunition training.

They are not of any more value than any others. Some agancies also use different color floor plates.