In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AYA 12 Ga Double - Need info

MJPieroniMJPieroni Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased an AYA 12 Ga double and am curious as to the model, date of purchase, and approximate value.

Here are specifics:
27" barrels chokes are Mod/Full
Single Select Trigger
Ejectors
Pistol Grip
Serial Number (all matching) #109408
Bores and Barrel are in Very Good shape for a gun of this age about 75%+ blueing
Wood is very nice tiger stripe walnut stock with no cracks or scratches.
When sold to me, seller believed this was a model 117 Gold Crown Addition produced in 1958.
I requested info form AYA and they were only able to tell me the gun was produced in 1959 and is a model 112 (Have no reference of this model in any book I have).

Please help and thanks in advance,
Mark

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I believe the gun crosses to a "Bolero". If so, a less expensive gun than the 117. I hope the dealer will be willing to cut you some room as far as price... Assuming I'm correct.

Nord
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello "MJPieroni"[:)]

If you have not already been welcomed to this forum, please allow me to do so. We hope that you will join us as often as your busy schedule permits.

First of all does "She" have Holland and Holland style SIDELOCKS that are easily detachable and an engraved action???????

Or is "She" an Anson & Dealy style box-lock, that has the little bolt that sticks out on the left side of the action when it is open??????

Even if "She" is a "117" --- "She" would not have been made in 1958 but in 1985---I am assuming that you have transposed the last two numbers in the date of manufacture.

If "She" has the SIDELOCKS, then "She" is a "117". If "She" has the Anson & Dealy box-lock action then "She" is a "Matador". If "She" is a "Matador", then "She" is only worth about 1/2 the value of a "117". Either way, they are both very fine "field" guns. If "She" comes to your shoulder lightening quick and smooth as silk and the only thing you see is "bead", then "She" will be your darling in the field. Given any type of reasonable care "She" will be the jewel of your grand-children's eye.

In case you haven't guessed by now I like several Spanish SXS's and LOVE several Italian ones.

Best Regards[:)]
  • Options
    MJPieroniMJPieroni Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I confirmed over the weekend she is a 117 with a few nice options. Firing her for the first time was quite a thrill and she performed flawlessly. She was in fact manufactured in the late 1950's but showed no sign of age and was tight as could be. I look forward to passing her down to my grandchildren regardless of her value...

Thanks to all on the board for the information you provided. I have the bug now (bad) and will be spending more time here in the future.

Best Regards,
    Mark