In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt MK IV Assembly

dwardwar Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
Just bought a Colt MK IV 380 and I just attempted to take it appart to see any signs of wear and how dirty it was. As many of you know this little thing could be a paint in butt to take apart and reassemble.
Problem
1. Removed barrel with magazine in it.
2. Once I reassemble slide will not move all the way to the front. Needs to move another 1/4 or so.
3. Ejector is now facing down (magazine entry).

I found the following in the forums here:

Roland,
This is from the instruction manual.
1. Remove the 4 stock screws and stock set (grips) from receiver.
2. Turn pistol upside down.
3. Insert screwdriver through magazine well of receiver and push against top of sear spring until ejector comes free and returns to its correct position.
4. Remove screwdriver from magazine well and reassemble stock set taking care to tighten 4 screws firmly but without overtightening.

When you put the slide back on just push the ejector down far enough to clear the slide or you will have to do it all over again.
Good Luck.

Jim

Are steps 1-4 to solve the ejector problem? What about the slide not moving all the way to the front.

Thanks for your help in advance. Hope this post wasn't tooo long[:)]