In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

McMillan stock

danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
I need to replace the stock on a HOWA 1500 i bought dirt cheap. I'm thinking about going with a McMillan hunter stock. Anyone used these before? Any sugestions for other brands to look at "no junk please".

0311 semper fi

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't go wrong with McMillan. They are
    pretty close to drop in!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HS Precision stocks are great and run with Mcmillan, at least with in my experience.

I have a boyd laminate and it has also been a very impressive handle, and at a fraction of the cost.

Synthetics,..I would go with mcmillan, HS, Rimrock, MPI, Bell and Carlson "medalist" etc.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just finished up a project with a mauser action using a boyds laminate thumbhole stock. I want to go with synthetic.

0311 semper fi
  • Options
    Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out ebay items 7179152499 & 7180185409. I just bought a rem 700 BDL with a Bell Carlson stock. I have never had one before but they are very good from what I heard, just not as pretty as the McMillan stocks. I have heard nothing but good of the McMillan stocks.

Mad Dog