In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

STEYR M9

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
I bought a almost new Steyr for $300. I shot it last weekend. It shoots very well, better than most 9's. The grip is good and the trigger is better than a standard Glock. I think that it is an undervalued gun. Why?

Comments

• Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I've always wanted one, but can't seem to find one now. Guess I waited too long! I have heard nothing but good things about them from people who do own them. Tell me about the sites. Does the trapazoid really help with target acquisition?
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The M9 and M40's are an older model (not old, just a little older) and have been discounted as such.
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sights work fine for me. I like them better than 3-dot. Wish they were adjustable.
  • Options
    Trader DaveTrader Dave Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steyr M series was originally $600 retail. The importer had problems and had to drop their inventory at a greatly reduced price. Dealers could buy this gun from $255 to $295 depending on where you shopped. I purchased several dozen from CDNN and Davidsons. They are a top quality weapon. Currently the M series has been discontinued and a newer model has replaced it.

When I shot my first Steyr, I went from Glock to a Steyr in 1 day. That is the best gun I have ever taken out of the box and fired. I shoot Steyr exclusively and so do several of my shooting buddies. The triangle-trapezoid sighting is outstanding for quick target acquisition and accuracy is great. Wish I had kept more of them.